REAH (company number 671099), holds and processes personal data in order to run its business. In doing so, we comply with relevant data protection legislation.
This Privacy Notice has been issued by REAH to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect on 25 May 2018. This document replaces any Fair Processing Notice issued under the Data Protection Act 1988 with effect from 25 May 2018.
As a data controller, REAH collects and processes personal data in relation to the website to maintain personal details of contacts, including email addresses, telephone and mobile numbers
In accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) REAH’s legal advisers and auditors may be considered “joint data controllers” or “data controllers in common” (the holders, users and processors of personal data) for the purposes of the GDPR.
The joint data controllers can be contacted as follows:
R.E.A. Holdings plc
1st Floor, 32-36 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 8QX
Telephone: 020 7436 7877
If you browse the website you do so anonymously. REAH may use your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to administer aggregate statistics about our visitors such as traffic patterns and regulated site information, time spent on the page etc, for internal use.
Use, transfer and storage of email addresses
Email addresses that you provide to us via the website will be used for the sole purpose of sending you documents or notifications about updates to the website. We will not pass your details on to third parties outside of the REAH group (except, as necessary to third party providers of services to REAH eg administrators of the website, administrators of the register).
All data backups to the cloud are held in the United Kingdom.
It is possible that REAH’s staff and the partners/staff of adviser firms may take laptops and smartphones with them on trips outside of the UK and/or the EEA, indirectly causing data to be sent outside of the EEA.
We have received guidance that as long as the information stays with the individual on the laptop/smartphone and their employer has an effective procedure to deal with security and the other risks of using laptops (including the extra risks of international travel), it is reasonable to conclude that adequate data protection exists.
Your personal data will not be directly transferred to another country unless you request for this to be done.
If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however you will not experience a personalised visit.
Your rights in relation to your data
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to fulfil your right to be informed about the use of your personal data. In addition:
- You have the right to access your personal data. If you wish to request copies of your personal data please contact the Data Controller at the address above.
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted or removed if there is no reason for its continued storage and processing.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being processed and to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. While processing is restricted, the data controllers are permitted to store the personal data to ensure the restriction is respected in future. You will be informed if a restriction on processing is lifted.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the data controller with the ICO.
Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to withhold data or insist on its deletion, then REAH may not be able to perform their duties in relation to processing your charges, and your payments could be affected.Further details about GDPR and your rights under GDPR can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.